Monday, October 4, 2010

Enviro-Fascists Show Their Colors

This is a real ad promoting an environmentalist carbon-control program. It's "voluntary", but as you can see from the ad, they'd prefer that it wasn't.

The most telling point, I think, comes at the end, when the voice-over actress gets the button treatment. Just goes to show that no matter how much you do, it isn't enough. You have to be 100% committed to environmentalism, all the time, or they want you dead (or, at least, out of the way - let's give them the benefit of the doubt).

It all reflects a very Tom Friedman-esque viewpoint: if only we had more fascism and not so much democracy, we could really get some things done!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't watch it at work, James, so I had to wait until I got home. The Brits are so weird; hard to believe our culture is derived from theirs. Can I kill 10 enviro-nazis as my contribution to 10:10? That would cut my carbon emissions by 900%!

    ReplyDelete