Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Belated Anniversary to Athwart History

Here I'm two weeks late to the first anniversary of Athwart History, which saw its first post on July 9, 2009.

Since then, we've seen the passage of the historic, and historically awful, health care bill (which I commented on extensively), a not-quite-so-bad-but-still-not-good financial regulation bill (which I haven't commented on at all until now), a shocking Democratic defeat in Massachusetts, a Gulf oil spill, and a bunch of random other items of interest.

The summer tends to be slow, and Athwart History is no exception. But as the mid-term election swing into gear, no doubt the commentary will accelerate again.

One bit of personal news: I am in the midst of changing jobs, and also moving across the country. Currently I'm in New Jersey (one state struggling with a fiscal crisis) and I'll be moving to California (another one). So this is an exit frying pan, enter fire sort of thing. I'm excited about California, if for no other reason than the weather, and the new job should be a blast, even though it may impede my ability to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment